Had a bunch of lemons leftover from a chicken recipe I made last week.
So… what do you do with leftover lemons? Lemon Drop Martinis? Juice the lemons and freeze them into cubes? Zest the lemons and use the zest in your sauces and smoothies? Make lemonade? Me…. I make Not-Your-Typical-Lemon-Bars. Or as I like to call them Lemon Cloud Bars…. because the White Chocolate Chips are like little clouds floating in/on the lemon bars.
These bars are tart and have just the right notes of sweet and tart. I think it might work well with a raspberry or blueberry sauce. I need to find a recipe for that.
Pan size: 8×8
Servings: Depending on how small you like your bars: 15 small bite-sized bars or 9 good-sized ones.
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp whip cream vodka
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Take a small handful of white chocolate chips and set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together: AP flour, sugar, salt. Then mix in (with a blender) the soft butter.
- In a separate bowl, hand mix the following: eggs, whip cream vodka, vanilla extract, fresh lemon juice, fresh lemon zest.
- Combine the egg mixture into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the majority of the white chocolate chips.
- Prepare an 8×8 pan. (I used a glass square dish.)
- Pour mix into pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved white chocolate chips.
- Bake for 24-25 minutes.
- Do the toothpick test. If toothpick comes out clean, it’s done. If not, then keep baking. Know your oven and adjust accordingly.
#LemonBars #WhiteChocolateChips #Tart #UseFreshLemons #SweetTooth