“Let’s Get Pumped Up!”
Ok… that’s how my chocolate banana muffins happened. I wanted a protein powerhouse of a muffin and I think I achieved it while being super chocolatey. It’s almost a rich decadent muffin… almost. It is pretty damn good though if I do say so myself.
I had some chocolate Shakeology packets leftover from a kit I purchased… and because I don’t really like chocolate shakes… I know… What The Hell Is Wrong With Me?! I love chocolate though… so these packets do not go to waste. I make dessert like drinks with them by adding frozen bananas or almond butter or peanut butter. I’m not sure if that defeats the purpose of the Shakeology drink but that’s how I like my shakes. I don’t do “just chocolate shakes”…. I don’t do “just vanilla shakes” for that matter either. But I digress….
I also had some Mac Nut “flour” I brought back from the Big Island a couple weeks ago from my recent vacay. I really wanted to use it in something. So, I thought I’d use it in this and see what happens. I think it’s the Mac Nut “flour” combined with the chocolate Shakeology that makes this muffin seem rich.
Servings: 12 regular sized muffins
- 2 large, ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 packet (42 grams) chocolate Shakeology
- 1 Tbsp baking cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal / flour
- 1/2 cup macadamia nut “flour” (super finely ground raw mac nuts – no salt, not roasted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- Prep 12-muffin pan.
- Blend the bananas, coconut oil (liquefied), vanilla extract and egg whites
- Pour into big bowl and mix in everything except the almond meal and mac nut flour.
- Then fold in the almond meal and mac nut flour.
- The batter is going to be a bit thin, and will not be super smooth… that’s OK.
- Divide batter into muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes (plus / or minus a minute or so depending on your oven.)
- Do the toothpick test. If it comes out clean, they are done.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Store in a Tupperware-like container at room temperature if you plan on eating them within the next couple days…. or Freeze a few for later (after they are completely cooled.)
#ProteinMuffins #Chocolate #Shakeology #Bananas #Flourless #GreatSnack