Ok… so the initial thought was that these would be cupcakes. Turns out not so much. These are light and fluffy and not dense at all like I expected them to be. Oh well. I guess they will just be Breakfast to go with my coffee or tea in the morning.
Note: One didn’t want to come out of the pan nicely. Oh well. I guess I eat that one first.
- 1 Boxed Carrot Cake Mix (ignore the recipe to make it)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pans. (I used a large 6-muffin pan plus 4 of a regular 6-muffin pan.)
- Place the following in a blender and blend for like 5 seconds…. so that carrots are still a little chunky: eggs, spiced rum, water, vanilla extract, nutmeg, cinnamon, carrots.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix with the wet ingredients you just blended.
- Gently fold in the ground flaxseed and crushed pineapple.
- Divide the mix into muffin pan.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes depending on oven. (Do the toothpick test.)
- Take out and let cool before removing from pan.
#SuperEasy #Muffins #Breakfast #iBakeWithBooze