These are light… Probably because there’s no flour in them and because for the most part I didn’t add sugar. (Well… I sorta did if you know what I mean… wink, wink… cuz you know I like to add a little booze to my baked goods.)
These turned out a little spongy, and quite frankly I needed butter on mine. I felt they were a little too light, but quite nice for snacking. Just one though… not the whole pan. They aren’t filling if you are looking for a “meal” type of muffin.
- 2 cups oat flour (quick cooking or old fashioned oats)
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup banana rum*
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, defrosted)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tins. You can either make smaller ones or you can make big ones. (I made 6 big ones and 5 small ones.)
- Make “oat flour” by putting he oats in a blender…. (I used my Bullet.).. and pulse for a few seconds to grind them up. Set aside
- Place all the WET ingredients in blender and blend: bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, coconut oil, banana rum, vanilla extract. (*If not using banana rum, you might try a sugar of your choice like maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar. I did not try these options, so I don’t know how they will turn out.)
- In large bowl, combine WET ingredients with DRY ingredients excluding the blueberries.
- Gently fold in Blueberries.
- Divide batter into muffin tin depending on how big and how many you want.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the toothpick test comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool before enjoying!
#Muffin #Easy #Snack #Flourless #RipeBananas #iBakeWithBooze