I have a “thing” for coconut banana muffins… still tweaking recipe til they are super awesome. These are good, just not yet to the Awesome level yet.
Next time I plan on adding some coconut flakes and some chopped mac nuts.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 1 cup King Arthur whole wheat flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached AP flour
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 overripe, medium bananas – mashed
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix coconut oil and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract and coconut rum.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flours, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In yet another bowl, mix the mashed banana and the coconut milk.
- In a big mixing bowl (or maybe a standing mixer if you have one, I don’t), gradually mix in the dry ingredients alternately with the wet ingredients. Start and end with the dry mixture. Don’t over mix.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Toothpick test should come out clean when done.