Today’s Nummies is inspired by “Fat Girl Trapped in a Skinny Body“… Coconut Banana Bread.
Ok… muffins in my case because I prefer muffins… makes freezing them easier and I have individual serving sizes at the ready. Plus, it makes it easier to grab and go, or share.
I had a couple of bananas that were very brown. Let’s just say there were mushy and leave it at that.
And as luck would have it… I had all the ingredients on hand. Well… mostly. I also tend to tweak recipes… this one is no different … I tweaked it a bit too.
- I didn’t have enough White All Purpose Flour so I used some Wheat Flour too.
- I used Coconut Oil instead of Vegetable Oil.
- I only had 2 medium bananas, not 3.
- I omitted the Almond Extract. I didn’t have any.
- I added a tsp each of coconut rum and banana rum.
- Baked in muffin tins not a loaf pan.
Because I didn’t bake in a loaf pan as the recipe called for, I had to guess at the timing on the muffins.
The large/jumbo sized were 29 minutes, and the regular sized ones were 15 minutes. Obviously, you know your oven better than anyone so adjust timing accordingly. I always do the toothpick test to determine if my baked goodies are done.
I enjoyed 1 of these nummies with a cup of coffee, and then I went outside and did some weeding. Weeding… ugh… that’s a whole other topic.